Estate Planning Checklist
Smart Planning for the Future
I believe that one of the greatest gifts that you can leave your survivors is an organized estate, and this is possible by putting in a little bit of time and effort right now. Without an estate plan, your loved ones will be forced to go through probate in order to receive any of your assets after you pass away. When you choose to work with The Law Office of Gary G. Carpenter, you will never doubt that your time is valuable and it is treated as such. From day one, your case will be attentively addressed by a professional who is dedicated to providing personalized service for you.
When you contact my firm about the legal services that I provide, you will be asked a specific set of questions in order to identify your unique needs and goals:
- If you have one, is your current plan customized for your family's unique needs?
- If you have a current plan, does it integrate what you own with your plans and goals?
- Do you wish to enhance your level of control over the future?
- Do you wish to protect the assets you leave to your family from creditors and divorce for their lifetime?
Develop your estate plan today!
A successful estate plan can be developed for you, provided that you have the right legal professional working on your behalf. As a dedicated Clearwater estate planning attorney, I strive to provide all clients peace of mind and cost effective legal services in the process of estate administration or estate planning. Under my direction, your needs will be assessed and a plan tailored to your legal needs will be developed as soon as possible. During my years of experience in estate administration, I have developed a strategic approach to the creation of every type of estate plan in the state of Florida. With my guidance, you will be knowledgeably advised of the administration of your estate and gently prompted on different approaches that are available for your consideration.
Some of the most important steps towards getting your estate in order include:
- Making or updating your will
- Making a living will
- Providing easy access to your will and durable powers of attorney
- Creating durable power of attorney
- Creating a letter of instruction
- Calculating your net worth (including life insurance proceeds)
- Establishing a trust if appropriate
- Buying or updating your life insurance
- Making arrangements for the orderly transfer of business assets
- Creating a list of financial accounts
Whether your estate planning needs are complex or simple, your case will be treated with the highest level of respect and personalized attention. My goal is to create and build an estate plan that best represents your wants and needs for the future in a cost effective manner.